The second annual awards gala benefiting the Ronnie James Dio Stand Up And Shout Cancer Fund will take place on Halloween, Wednesday, October 31st at the Avalon in Hollywood. This year the gala will be open to the fans. So if you’re planning to attend wear your creepiest costume, as there will be both a costume contest and a live and silent auction.
Eddie Trunk, who was a past honoree, will once again be the MC for the festivities. Tony Iommi of Black Sabbath, who is undergoing his own cancer struggle with lymphoma, will receive the King of Rock n’ Roll Award. Five other awards will be presented to various other music industry notables.
The Dio Disciples, an all-star group comprised of former members of Dio, with Tim ‘Ripper’ Owens (ex-Judas Priest) and Toby Jepsen (Little Angels) on vocals will perform with other special guests. Other musical acts have yet to be announced. Cirque Berzerk, which calls itself a “phantasmagoric spectacle,” will also provide entertainment.
Ticket and sponsorship packages are listed as follows:
1. Main Floor ($200 ea.) includes: full hosted bar and gourmet food stations 7:30pm-11:00pm
2. Main Floor/Private Loge ($250 ea.) includes: Full hosted bar and gourmet food stations 7:30pm-11:00pm – Access to private seating in the Loge area
3. VIP Balcony ($550 ea.) includes: Full hosted bar, gourmet carvery and Food Stations 7:30pm-2:00am – VIP Access to the balcony – Commemorative photo booth picture – Extra VIP entertainment
4. VIP Opera Box ($12,000 ea.) Only 2 Available includes: 15 VIP Balcony tickets – Premier stage and main floor views from Opera Box Seats – Full hosted bar, gourmet carvery and food stations 7:30-2:00am – Private balcony box seating – Commemorative photo booth picture – Extra VIP entertainment – 1/2 Page ad in the program – Signage at the event
5. VIP Balcony Box ($12,000 ea.) Only 1 Available – 15 VIP balcony tickets – Full hosted bar, gourmet carvery and food stations 7:30-2:00am – Private balcony box seating – Commemorative photo booth picture – Extra VIP Entertainment – 1/2 Page Ad in Program – Signage at Event
To buy tickets and find out more information about this event, please visit www.diocancerfund.org/events.