Tag: Iron Maiden
After recently giving us the richest drummers in the world, Celebritynetworth.com is back with the compiled list for the richest lead singers in the world. It could be obvious to you who is #1, but check out the rest of the top 25 below and the complete list here. The list compiles all information including salaries, real estate holdings, divorces, record sales, royalties and endorsements to come up with the figures. The final net worths come from a formula that takes out taxes, manager’s fees, agents fees, and lifestyle. We can't wait for CelebrityNetWorth.com's next list.
1. Paul McCartney - $800 Million (The Beatles)
2. Bono - $600 Million (U2) - There was a time when Bono’s net worth could have topped $1 billion. Through his private equity venture Elevation Partners, Bono purchased a 1.5% private stake in Facebook long before the IPO. Had the company achieved a $100 billion market cap, Bono may have been the first billionaire rock star. Currently Facebook’s market cap is $44 billion.
3. Jimmy Buffett - $400 Million
4. Elton John - $320 Million (Solo)
5. Mick Jagger - $305 Million (The Rolling Stones)
6. Sting - $290 Million (The Police, Solo)
7. Phil Collins - $250 Million (Genesis, Solo)
8. Dave Matthews - $250 Million (Dave Matthews Band)
9. Prince - $250 Million
10. Dave Grohl - $225 Million (Foo Fighters, Nirvana on drums)
11. Rod Stewart - $220 Million
12. David Bowie - $215 Million
13. Bruce Springsteen - $200 Million (The E Street Band)
14. James Hetfield - $175 Million (Metallica)
15: Axl Rose - $150 Million (Guns N’ Roses)
16. Roger Waters - $145 Million (Pink Floyd)
17. David Gilmour - $130 Million (Pink Floyd)
18. Steven Tyler - $130 Million (Aerosmith)
19. Jon Bon Jovi - $125 Million (Bon Jovi)
20. Anthony Kiedis - $120 Million (Red Hot Chili Peppers)
21. Sammy Hagar - $120 Million (Van Halen/Chickenfoot)
22. Robert Plant - $120 Million (Led Zeppelin)
23. Bruce Dickinson - $115 Million (Iron Maiden)
24. Eric Clapton - $115 Million (Cream, Solo)
25. Ozzy Osbourne - $90 Million (Black Sabbath, Solo)
A three-minute trailer for for the new Deep Purple tribute album 'Re-Machined: A Tribute To Machine Head' due for release on Sept. 25th from Eagle Rock Entertainment can be viewed below. The compilation CD features re-interpretations of classic DP songs from former band member Glenn Hughes, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Chickenfoot, Black Label Society, Steve Vai, Carlos Santana, Joe Bonamassa and more.
'Re-Machined: A Tribute To Machine Head' will be made available initially with Classic Rock magazine's upcoming Deep Purple fanpack on September 4th. The fanpack will include a band-endorsed 124-page magazine with exclusive new interviews with guitarists Joe Bonamassa and Steve Vai and the members of Metallica, Iron Maiden, Chickenfoot, and more talking about recording these classic songs. There will also be brand new interviews with Deep Purple, with one of the last interviews with the late Jon Lord. Look for previously unpublished photographs and artifacts from the archives in the magazine as well.
After hearing of Jon Lord's passing, Glenn Hughes assembled some friends to cut 'Highway Star' as a tribute to his dear friend. Drummer Lars Ulrich of Metallica, who are also recording a song for the upcoming Ronnie James Dio tribute album, has previously said, "We were asked if we'd contribute to the anniversary of 'Machine Head' — we can't turn that down. We're circling the Dio and PURPLE catalogs and hopefully we'll come up with something that is worthy of these wonderful men."
'Re-Machined: A Tribute To Machine Head' track listing:
1. Smoke On The Water - Carlos Santana/Jacoby Shaddix
2. Highway Star - Chickenfoot
3. Maybe I'm A Leo - Glenn Hughes, Chad Smith, Luis Maldonado
4. Pictures Of Home - Black Label Society
5. Never Before - Kings Of Chaos (Joe Elliott, Steve Stevens, Duff McKagan, Matt Sorum, Arlan Schierbaum)
6. Smoke On The Water - The Flaming Lips
7. Lazy - Jimmy Barnes, Joe Bonamassa
8. Space Truckin' - Iron Maiden
9. When A Blind Man Cries – Metallica
10. Highway Star - Glenn Hughes, Steve Vai, Chad Smith, Lachlan Doley (exclusive track)
Reuniting for the first time since their collaboration on Black Sabbath’s 1983 Born Again album, Deep Purple´s Ian Gillan and Black Sabbath’s Tony Iommi took everybody by surprise in 2011 when they released the charity singles,'Out Of My Mind' and 'Holy Water.'
For the recording of these songs, the two rock legends called a few friends, asking for some “help.” Jason Newsted (Metallica), the late Jon Lord (Deep Purple, 1941-2012), Nicko McBrain (Iron Maiden), and Linde Lindström (HIM) completed the supergroup WhoCares.
Now, 'Out Of My Mind' and 'Holy Water' will be featured in a special 2 disc set of rarities and recordings culled from the careers of Iommi and Gillan. The WhoCares double CD will be released in North American on August 28th through Eagle Rock Entertainment.
Amongst the tracks are the two original WhoCares songs, Deep Purple’s unreleased studio jam Dick Pimple, a song from Repo Depo (a band Ian Gillan formed before the Deep Purple reunion) which never released an official song before this CD. Also included is 'Zero The Hero,' from the aforementioned Black Sabbath Born Again release (which is the only album to feature Gillan on lead vocals), as well as two unreleased songs from Tony Iommi featuring Glenn Hughes.
The Out Of My Mind and Holy Water singles were a joyful and inspired moment from two musicians with nothing to prove, willing to support music where music is considered a luxury. The spark to bring Iommi and Gillan in a studio together again was to finance the rebuilding of a music school in Armenia they had visited together on various occasions in past years.
“As I said once in the song Razzle Dazzle, it’s a real fine line between an orgy of destruction and a wonderful time,’” states Gillan. “The destruction of conformity in this case: some of these pieces never really fitted into their contemporary program and got sidelined or forgotten, and some of the album tracks never had much exposure. As the track listing for this album came together, I noticed many of the titles had character similarities: a combination of freshness as they finally felt the sun on their backs and rebellion in a ‘yeah told you so’ kind of way. And that adds up to a wonderful time and more money for the music school we are building in Armenia."
“The ad-hoc benefit WhoCares band,” continues Gillan, “was a band put together by Tony Iommi and myself on a flight home from Yerevan, where we’d been deeply humbled by the honor and expectation bestowed upon us. Well that’s it really, in a nutshell, so to speak, what more can I say? It’s all there in the music.”
The release of this very special 2 CD set is a must for all Deep Purple fans and fans of hard rock.
1. WhoCares Out Of My Mind featuring Jon Lord, Linde Lindström (HIM), Jason Newsted (Metallica), Nicko McBrain (Iron Maiden)
2. Black Sabbath Zero The Hero
3. Ian Gillan feat. Iommi, Ian Paice and Roger Glover Trashed
4. M. Rakintzis feat. Ian Gillan Get Away
5. Tony Iommi feat G.Hughes Slip Away
6. Gillan Don’t Hold Me Back
7. Ian Gillan She Thinks It’s A Crime
8. Repo Depo feat. Ian Gillan Easy Come, Easy Go
9. Deep Purple feat.Ronnie James Dio Smoke On The Water (live with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra)
1. WhoCares Holy Water featuring Jon Lord, Linde Lindström (HIM), Jason Newsted (Metallica), Nicko McBrain (Iron Maiden)
2. Black Sabbath Anno Mundi
3. Tony Iommi feat. G. Hughes Let it Down Easy
4. Ian Gillan Hole in My Vest
5. Gillan & Glover feat. Dr. John Can’t Believe You Wanna Leave Me
6. Ian Gillan & The Javelins Can I Get A Witness
7. Garth Rockett & The Moonshiners aka IG No Laughing in Heaven
8. Ian Gillan When A Blind Man Cries (Live at Absolute Radio, previously unreleased)
9. Deep Purple Dick Pimple
Eddie Truck, host of 'That Metal Show' on VH1 Classic has announced the upcoming season's lineup of guests. Check out the full season below:
8/11: David Draiman of Disturbed, Russell Allen, Mike Orlando of Adrenaline Mob, Mike Portnoy on drums. (this show was a sneak preview as well during the recent marathon but makes it official premiere)
8/17: Bobby Blotzer of Ratt, Stephen Riley & Phil Lewis of LA Guns, Steve Stevens on guitar.
The following shows will be the 6 new that will be added that we tape starting this weekend. Premiere dates TBA:
Geoff Tate & Zakk Wylde
Joey Kramer & Brad Whitford of Aerosmith, Tom Petersson of Cheap Trick
Steve Harris of Iron Maiden
Anne & Nancy Wilson of Heart, Lita Ford
Sammy Hagar & Michael Anthony
King Diamond, Mark Tremonti
In addition, we have 3 returning guitar greats to play in the above 6 shows; John 5, Doug Aldrich & George Lynch. Former Biohazard frontman Evan Seinfeld will appear in a Guest Top 5.
The U.K.'s Classic Rock magazine will be releasing the Deep Purple tribute CD 'Re-Machined: A Tribute to Machine Head' as an upcoming Deep Purple Fanpack. 11 all new recordings of the band’s classic 1972 album performed by Metallica, Iron Maiden, Chickenfoot, Carlos Santana & Jacoby Shaddix of Papa Roach, Black Label Society, Kings of Chaos, the Flaming Lips, Steve Vai, Jimmy Barnes & Joe Bonamassa plus Glenn Hughes & Chad Smith and more are a part of the project,to be published on September 4th.
The CD will be accompanied with an official, band-endorsed 124-page collectors magazine featuring exclusive interviews with Metallica, Maiden, Chickenfoot, Bonamassa and Vai. Deep Purple themselves also discuss the making of one of their best-loved releases, and provide access to exclusive and unpublished photos and artifacts from their archive.
The magazine also includes one of the last-ever interviews with keyboard icon Jon Lord, who died earlier this month. You can listen to a recent BBC Radio 4 interview with reclusive guitarist Ritchie Blackmore, who talked about his old band mate in glowing terms here:
Blackmore's told Radio 4's weekly obituary program that tells the life stories of those who have died recently, "I'd never heard an organist play that way before. Jon had a lot of flash to his playing, which I enjoyed. And, of course, he was such an amiable person too. There was no ego there. My favourite piece of his is on Hush; his organ solo on that is just unbelievable…"
Classic Rock magazine editor Geoff Barton is currently writing a lengthy piece about Jon Lord for the next edition of Classic Rock, but you can order the exclusive fanpack that includes the CD here: www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk
1. Smoke On The Water – Carlos Santana/Jacoby Shaddix
2. Highway Star – Chickenfoot
3. Maybe I’m A Leo – Glenn Hughes/Chad Smith
4. Pictures of Home – Black Label Society
5. Never Before – Kings of Chaos
6. Smoke On The Water – The Flaming Lips
7. Lazy – Jimmy Barnes with Joe Bonamassa
8. Space Truckin’ – Iron Maiden
9. When A Blind Man Cries – Metallica
Special edition exclusive:
10. Highway Star – Steve Vai, Glenn Hughes, Chad Smith, Lauchlan Doley