Tag: Stacee Jaxx
'Rock Of Ages,' the film adaptation of the hit Broadway musical staring Tom Cruise, Alec Baldwin and Russell Brand will be released on Blu-ray, DVD, and digital download on October 9th.
The Blu-ray will feature an extended cut of the film, with an extra 13 minutes of footage. There will also be a segment called "So It Started In A Bar" that discusses the creation of the stage musical that led to the film.
"Rock Of Ages" Blu-ray special features:
* "Legends of The Sunset Strip" - Rock stars Def Leppard, Poison, Whitesnake, Foreigner, Twisted Sister, Bon Jovi and many more relive the music and vibe of the extraordinary Sunset Strip.
* "Defining a Decade" - Julianne Hough, Diego Boneta, Russell Brand, Tom Cruise, Mary J. Blidge, Catherine Zeta-Jones, director Adam Shankman and others to show us inside the world of the late '80s!
* The '80s Look - a look at the flawlessly researched and spellbinding look of rock and roll in the '80s.
* It's All About The Moves - Adam Shankman and Mia Michaels show us the choreography and the moves.
* The Sunset Strip - Recreate the Hollywood sign and the Sunset Strip of the '80s.
* The Tease - How to hair. '80s style.
* Raising The Bar - A look at the historical significance of the real "Sunset Strip" clubs in the '80s and how they shaped the design of the "Bourbon Room" in the movie.
* Connection to the Music - the cast talk about their personal connection with the music of "Rock Of Ages".
* "So It Started In A Bar" - the story behind the creation of the five-time Tony-nominated, Broadway phenomenon "Rock Of Ages".
* "Any Way You Want It" – Music Featurette
"Rock Of Ages" earned an under performing $15.1 million in its opening weekend this past June from 3,470 theaters for a per-screen average of $4,340. The film has only grossed $38.5 million domestically, not close to matching its reported $75 million production budget.
Tom Cruise stars in "Rock Of Ages" as Stacee Jaxx, an aging musician whose glory days are long past. The movie is a love story told through the music of Pat Benatar, Bon Jovi, Journey, Poison, Twisted Sister and other artists from the 1980s.
The 'Rock Of Ages' film adaptation of the Broadway hit musical will be in theaters starting June 15th with Tom Cruise playing fictional ‘80s rock frontman Stacee Jaxx. The official track listing for ‘Rock of Ages’ soundtrack is out, and on it Cruise sings Guns N’ Roses‘ ‘Paradise City’ and Def Leppard's ‘Pour Some Sugar on Me.’
Russell Brand sings a medley of Jefferson Starship’s 'We Built This City' and Twisted Sister's 'We’re Not Gonna Take It,' while the movie’s lead actor Diego Boneta takes on Twisted Sister’s 'I Wanna Rock.' Check out the full track listing below. The album will arrive June 5 via WaterTower Music.
The cast includes Cruise as Stacee Jaxx, Brand as a geeky journalist, Boneta as an up-and-coming rock star, Julianna Hough as his Boneta’s love interest, Paul Giamatti as a sleazy band manager, Alec Baldwin as a club promoter and Catherine Zeta-Jones as the woman trying to shut down a rock club. Malin Akerman, R&B queen Mary J. Blige and Bryan Cranston also star.
'Rock of Ages' Film Soundtrack Track Listing:
1. Paradise City - Tom Cruise
2. Sister Christian/Just Like Paradise/Nothin' But a Good Time - Diego Boneta
3. Juke Box Hero/I Love Rock 'N' Roll - Diego Boneta
4. Hit Me With Your Best Shot -Catherine Zeta-Jones
5. Waiting For a Girl Like You - Diego Boneta
6. More Than Words/Heaven - Diego Boneta
7. Wanted Dead or Alive - Julianne Hough
8. I Want To Know What Love is - Malin Akerman
9. I Wanna Rock - Diego Boneta
10. Pour Some Sugar On Me - Tom Cruise
11. Harden My Heart - Julianne Hough
12. Shadows of the Night/Harden My Heart - Julianne Hough
13. Here I Go Again - Diego Boneta
14. Can’t Fight This Feeling - Russell Brand
15. Any Way You Want It - Julianne Hough
16. Undercover Love - Diego Boneta
17. Every Rose Has Its Thorn - Diego Boneta
18. Rock You Like a Hurricane - Julianne Hough
19. We Built This City/We're Not Gonna Take It - Russell Brand
20. Don’t Stop Believin' - Diego Boneta
Phil Collen of Def Leppard recently talked to Noisecreep about the band's upcoming plans for 2012, and the experience of being part of the 'Rock of Ages' movie and meeting up with star Tom Cruise. "It's going to be a huge year for us. I definitely have a lot to talk about today. We've got the 'Rock of Ages' movie coming out which stars Tom Cruise. He's singing 'Pour Some Sugar on Me' in the film. We actually got to see him film the scene. Def Leppard was on tour in Florida and someone involved with the movie called and invited us to come down to the shoot. It was awesome to see that process."
Talking about Tom Cruise, who plays rocker Stacee Jaxx in the film, Phil said: "I can't wait till people hear him. The guy did a great job. He's doing my vocal part, Joe's part – all of them! This is someone who has never sung before. He was doing that thing that a lot of method actors do when they take on a role. They get into character completely. He told us he was taking five hours a day, five days a week, for four to five months, just to get the vocal aspect of the role down. That was fantastic to hear. I was really pleased with how down-to-earth Tom was. He was very humble and actually told us how he thought 'Pour Some Sugar on Me' was an absolute classic. He said it deserved all of the respect and attention he can give it. So we were definitely honored."
"I had the chance to catch the Broadway version of the musical and it was a lot of fun. It's campy and kitschy, and it captures that time period so well. It's not like a Spinal Tap kind of thing where they're making fun of it, but they do have some fun with it. It has a 'Glee' and 'High School Musical' feel, but set on the Sunset Strip. I guess you can say it's like 'West Side Story' done with songs from the '80s."
"The musical was named after one of our songs, so it's great for us. I think they also have the song 'Bringin' on the Heartbreak' in there as well. We're actually going to be back on tour around when the movie is out, and it would be a lot of fun to get some of the other bands featured in 'Rock of Ages' out with us.
"Nothing has been finalized yet, but apparently Poison will be joining us – at least according to Bret Michaels, who has been telling everyone that they'll be touring with us this year [laughter]. We went out with Poison in 2009, and we all had so much fun. If it does end up happening like that, I would love for the third band to be someone like Twisted Sister, since they're also in the new movie. I think that would make for a great lineup!"
New Line Cinema has released the new movie trailer for Rock of Ages," the big budget rock musical starring Tom Cruise, Alec Baldwin, Russell Brand, Mary J. Blige, and Julianne Hough. The trailer features music by Twisted Sister, Night Ranger and Journey.
The film is based on the hit Broadway musical and features '80s tunes from the bands featured in the trailer as well as Def Leppard, Whitesnake, Poison, Foreigner, REO Speedwagon, Joan Jett, Bon Jovi, Pat Benatar, Styx and many more.
Rock of Ages uses the backdrop of the Sunet Strip "hair metal" scene of the 1980s to tell the story of Drew and Sherrie, two young lovers chasing their dreams in 1987 Los Angeles through a series of obstacles, including a concert venue that may be shut down due to rock-hating protestors led by chief villain Catherine Zeta-Jones. Tom Cruise stars as the iconic rocker Stacee Jaxx. The film also stars Diego Boneta, Malin Akerman, Paul Giamatti, and Bryan Cranston and was directed by Adam Shankman (Hairspray). Rock of Ages opens on June 1, 2012.
Sebastian Bach posted a photo on his Facebook page, from the set of Rock Of Ages, next summer's big-screen adaptation of the hit Broadway musical that celebrates the '80s music of power ballads and glam metal.
Says Bach: "Evil Rock Singers Burn In Hell. On the set in Miami shooting Rock Of Ages all night with Nuno Bettencourt (Extreme) , some nuns, bikers, and rockers all on an amazing set that looks exactly like Hollywood. No midgets though, sadly."
The Rock of Ages cast includes Tom Cruise, Julianne Hough, Paul Giamatti, Russell Brand, Mary J. Blige, Malin Akerman, Bryan Cranston, Catherine Zeta-Jones and Alec Baldwin. Diego Boneta will be making his feature film debut with a starring role in Rock of Ages. In Rock Of Ages, Cruise transforms into Stacee Jaxx, a superstar devotee of hair-band excess.
The musical features rock numbers by Def Leppard, Joan Jett, Journey, Foreigner, Bon Jovi, Night Ranger, Reo Speedwagon, Pat Benatar, Twisted Sister, Poison, Whitesnake and Scorpions. Filming is currently underway in Florida. New Line has set a June 1st, 2012 release date.
Sebastian Bach updates us on what's happening with his upcoming album release:
"Just approved final gatefold sleeve for vinyl edition of Kicking & Screaming. Man did I have fun. It is so cool that vinyl is making a comeback and I can't believe we are releasing a gatefold album cover in 2011. The packaging is perfect and I can't wait to hear the music analog style on my turntable! Also approved the deluxe CD/DVD edition! Can't tell you the details on this yet but stay tuned because the DVD included in the deluxe edition will blow you all away. It's way beyond what I could have imagined. Could not be more proud and stoked for you all to watch this DVD, it is amazingly put together and the quality is superb! Spending today and tomorrow doing 11 domestic and international interviews on the new album, in the US, Germany, Spain, Finland and Italy... look for these to hit magazines soon!!"
Bach will release Kicking & Screaming on September 23rd in Europe and on September 27th in North America via Frontiers Records. The first digital single from the album is the title track 'Kicking & Screaming' and it will be released on August 23rd.