Anthrax guitarist Rob Caggiano will be keeping busy despite his recent departure from the group. Caggiano has decided to concentrate on his production career and has entered the studio with Danish rockers Volbeat for their fifth studio album, which is titled ‘Outlaw Gentlemen & Shady Ladies.’ Caggiano has previous production credits with Anthrax, the Damned Things and Bleeding Through.
This album is due this spring, and Volbeat frontman Michael Poulsen says about the recording sessions: “We’re back in the studio, this time breaking some of our old habits and this sometimes means leaving our comfort zone. We are recording in a new environment, producing with a new set up breaking new sonic ground and it’s exciting! Together with our long time collaborator Jacob Hansen we also have the honor of having producer Rob Caggiano on board in the producer’s seat. Expect lots of surprises and some of our most rocking heavy songs to date. We feel more than ever that we are taking the Volbeat sound to another level without changing what we’re all about. Can’t wait for it to get out there!
Volbeat kicks of a North America tour with Danko Jones starting March 6th in Dallas.
Happy New Year everyone! 2012 was a really good year for ROCK, with comeback albums and tracks from the likes of Van Halen, KISS, Aerosmith, Joe Walsh, ZZ Top, Soundgarden, L.A. Guns and so many more. Here's my Top 50 tracks for 2012, kicking off with numbers 50 to 26. Thanks for checking out MarshallofRock.com, and all the best to everyone for an even more rockin' 2013!!
50. Joe Walsh - Analog Man - Joe Walsh released his first solo album in 20 years in 2012, and the title track checks in at number 50. A solid solo return from Joe!
49. ZZ Top - Gotsta Get Paid - After delays due to producer Rick Rubin, ZZ Top released their latest album 'La Futura' in 2012. It featured this track at number 49.
48. The Offspring - Days Go By - Vocalist Dexter Holland just celebrated his 47th birthday on December 29th and sounds as relevant as ever on the title track from the Offspring's latest album that was released this past June.
47. Volbeat - Still Counting - The Copenhagen, Denmark rockers had a mega successful 2012, with this cut at #47, one of my favorites from the 'Beyond Hell/Above Heaven' album. The band will take their fusion of rock and roll, heavy metal, punk and rockabilly back out on the road in early 2013 with openers Danko Jones
46. Chevelle - Face To the Floor - The Illinois rockers really broke out big time in 2012, with massive success with multiple tracks from their 'Hats Off To The Bull' album.
45. Lynyrd Skynyrd - Last of A Dyin' Breed - Title track from the latest Lynyrd Skynyrd album, which is great from start to finish.
44. Linkin Park - Burn It Down - It was hard to escape this track form the 'Living Things' album as Linkin Park continued their many years of massive success with this track.
43. L.A. Guns - You Better Not Love Me - A quality return to the sleazy, hard rocking sound that made the band famous. The band released their first new studio album in 7 years, 'Hollywood Forever', and it lives up to some of the best work the band has ever done. L.A. Guns recently amicably replaced guitarist Stacey Blades with ex-Sea Hags/Arcade guitarist Frankie Wilsey. Look for the band to be back on the road for extensive touring in 2013.
42. Lynch Mob - Slow Drag - A great track from the Lynch Mob E.P. 'Sound Mountain Sessions'. The status of the band is in limbo as of now however, with guitarist George Lynch committed to the T&N project with Jeff Pilson, Mick Brown and Brian Tichy, as well as another power trio project with Dug Pinnick of King's X and Ray Luzier (Korn, Army of Anyone). Vocalist Oni Logan is currently part of the Dio Disciples and bassist Robbie Crane has left the band, so time will tell if we'll get any more new music from these guys in the future, but this track kicks ass!
41. Theory Of A Deadman - Hurricane - Tyler Connolly and Theory Of a Deadman continued their years of success into 2012 with mutiple tracks released from their 'The Truth Is...' album. This is my favorite from the album.
40. Fozzy - Sandpaper - Chris Jericho and Fozzy upped the ante in 2012, getting what is probably the most airplay and recognition in the band's history with this track from their 'Sin And Bones' album. The track features guest vocal from M Shadows of Avenged Sevenfold and rightfully has a place on my Top 50!
39. Van Halen - She's The Woman - Van Halen triumphantly returned in 2012, and while this is not my favorite track on their 'A Different Kind of Truth' album, it warrants the #39 spot on my top tracks of 2012.
38. Bruce Springsteen - Rocky Ground - Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band delivered with their 'Wrecking Ball' album, and this track conveyed the message that rock musicians idealism can still and should still have a place in music. I know it does on my list of top tracks.
37. Shinedown - Bully - Shinedown's 'Amaryllis' album is another awesome collection of songs from the band, and this anti-bullying message rocker shows that this band cares about people in a sincere way, while thoroughly rocking!
36. Black Stone Cherry - In My Blood - One of my favorite bands of late, BSC continues to make inroads in rock by not only playing anywhere at anytime to gain new fans, but with great tracks garnering significant airplay. The decision to collaborate with a few outside writers on their last album 'Between The Devil & The Deep Blue Sea' payed off big time. The band's album was released in 2011, but this track garnered the majority of its airplay in 2012.
35. Adler - The One That You Hated - Steven Adler and his new band have brought an album that is one of the most surprising releases of 2012. 'Back From The Dead' is top to bottom a fantastic album that will carry well into 2013 with other tracks released from the offering. "The One That You Hated' just plain rocks, as does Steven's new bandmates: vocalist Jacob Bunton, guitarist Lonny Paul and bassist Johnny Martin!
34. The Treatment - Nothing To Lose But Our Minds - Another of my personal favorite new bands, these young lads from the U.K. made major inroads in 2012 with great exposure as the opening act on the 'The Tour' with Motley Crue and KISS in the U.S. I expect big things from The Treatment and really think with their musical ability, attitude and charisma, they are going to continue on an upward rise in the U.S.! Check out their album 'This Might Hurt'!
33. Aerosmith - Legendary Child - This was the first track released from the highly anticipated Aerosmith album 'Music From Another Dimension!' The track showcases the unity and sound that only these guys can get when all together. Great track from a great American legendary rock band!
32. Tremonti - You Waste Your Time - Mark Tremonti of Alter Bridge and Creed brought a solo album full of serious metal in 2012. This was the lead track. Tremonti will be continuing to tour in early 2013 with Mark's buddy Wolfgang Van Halen on bass.
31. Dead Sara - Weatherman - The Los Angeles rockers featuring Emily Armstrong (lead vocals, rhythm guitar), Sean Friday (drums, backing vocals), Siouxsie Medley (lead guitar, backing vocals) and Chris Null (bass guitar, backing vocals) are one of the most exciting not only new female fronted band, but any band of 2012. I only mention the female part, because vocalist Emily Armstrong is compelling, powerful and is poised to lead this band to the next level and influence a new generation of female rockers. Exciting new band, I can't wait to see their progression in the years to come.
30. Foo Fighters - These Days - A track that got most of it's airplay in 2012, I had to get some Foo Fighters on my Top 50! 'Wasting Light' was one of my top albums of 2011, and it was so good it placed tracks on my year end cuts this year. I'm gonna miss no new Foo in 2013, but they'll be back in 2014!
29. Stone Sour - Gone Soverign/Absolute Zero - Band leader Corey Taylor of Stone Sour continues to be a respected leader in the rock world, seemingly doing no wrong at the moment. 'Absolute Zero' recently went to #1 on the rock tracks charts, but these two tracks are meant to be played together. Stone Sour will be touring with Papa Roach in the U.S. in early 2013.
28. Aranda - Satisfied - The Oklahoma City, Oklahoma rockers bring solid rock chops with feeling in my #28 track. Dameon Aranda, Gabe Aranda, and Mike Walker have delivered 'Stop The World', an album of great music, with this track leading the way.
27. Black Keys - Lonely Boy - The Black Keys were seemingly the golden boys of 2012, with doors opening for their talent, and airplay for their killer tracks. Black Keys are going to be around for a long time and look to be not only the critic's favorites, but also favorites of the masses.
26. Soundgarden - Been Away Too Long - Soundgarden returned in 2012 with the new album 'King Animal', and this track went to number one concurrently on both the active and mainstream rock charts. The band will continue to tour in 2013 and hopefully they will be around for more than one new album and tour.
German metal queen Doro Pesch will release a 2-CD package titled 'Under My Skin - A Fine Selection Of Doro Classics" on August 14th via AFM Records in North America. Doro contributed handwritten liner notes to all songs in the package, which includes Doro classics as well as rare single B-sides and album bonus tracks. 'Under My Skin - A Fine Selection Of Doro Classics' will be available as a regular digipack version and a strictly limited wooden fanbox edition (1,000 copies only) which includes the digipak 2-CD, a textile posterflag, a Doro logo patch, a Doro bracelet, a postcard and a certificate of authenticity.
"Under My Skin - A Fine Selection Of Doro Classics" track listing:
1. All We Are (Version 2007)
2. You're My Family
3. I Rule The Ruins
5. The Night Of The Warlock
6. Strangers Yesterday
7. Walking With The Angels
8. Metal Tango
11. Warrior Soul
12. My Majesty
13. Für Immer
14. Love Me In Black
15. Always Live To Win
16. Running From The Devil
17. Above The Ashes
18. Let Love Rain On Me
1. Celebrate (Full Metal Female Version)
2. Rescue Me
3. Rare Diamond (Acoustic Version)
4. Angel In The Dark
6. In Liebe Und Freundschaft
7. I Lay My Head Upon My Sword
8. Tausend Mal Gelebt
10. Breaking The Law
11. She's Like Thunder (Version 2005)
12. The Queen
13. You Won My Love
14. Lonely Wolf
1. Warrior Soul (Video)
2. Let Love Rain On Me (Video)
3. Herzblut (Video)
Doro will also be releasing her new E.P., 'Raise Your Fist In The Air' on August 3rd, with the full-length album, 'Raise Your Fist' to will follow in the fall via Nuclear Blast Records.
'Raise Your Fist In The Air,' the new video from German metal queen Doro Pesch, will make its live debut at the Wacken Open Air festival, which is scheduled to take place August 2-4 in Wacken, Germany. The clip, which was filmed in The Bronx in New York City, will be shown on all three days of the event — before Volbeat plays on Thursday, before Hammerfall on Friday and before the Scorpions take the stage on Saturday. There will also be a Doro signing session at the Wacken Open Air on Saturday, August 4th.
Chickenfoot are headlining the Rocklahoma festival in Pryor, Oklahoma on May 27th and HDNet will be carrying the show live! You can also enter for your chance to win a Joe Satriani signature model guitar!
it all kicks of at 5ET/2PT.
New Medicine, Eve To Adam, Cavo, 10 Years, Red, Redlight King, Aranda, Janus, Lillian Axe, Black Stone Cherry, Charm City Devils, Trivium, Art of Dying, Pop Evil, Adelitas Way, The Darkness, Volbeat, Chevelle, P.O.D., Hellyeah, Theory of A Deadman, Puddle of Mudd, Jackyl, Creed, Queensryche, Rob Zombie, Megadeth, Slash and more are all part of what is the biggest rock event of the year so far. Get more details here: www.facebook.com/HDNetConcerts
Chickenfoot posted a 10 minute video from the opening night of the Different Devil 2012 tour. Go inside the soundcheck, show and aftershow of their gig on May 4th in South Lake Tahoe, NV!
Drummer Chad Smith rejoined Chickenfoot onstage for the first time on the tour in support of their latest album, 'Chickenfoot III' on May 16th at Boston’s Orpheum Theatre. Kenny Aronoff has been handling the drumming chores due to Smith’s commitment with the Red Hot Chili Peppers.
Earlier in the set before Chad jammed with the band, Sammy Hagar made a passing reference to him, joking that, "if Chad was here, I’d kick his ass." After the band left the stage, a man in a Kiss t-shirt and backwards baseball cap sat down behind Aronoff’s drums. The fans then realized that it was Smith, and went nuts.
The band proceeded to jam on 'Oh Yeah’, after which Hagar turned to Smith and said, "Chad, you haven’t had this much fun all year and you know it." They then broke into a cover of Jimi Hendrix‘s 'Foxy Lady' with a bit of 'Manic Depression' thrown in. That was followed by 'Different Devil,' then a tribute to the late Ronnie Montrose with a cover of 'Rock Candy,' with Aronoff helping out on the cymbols.
Who says the great American rock festival isn't back? Well, at least in one place it is, and that place is Rock On the Range 2012 in Columbus, Ohio on May 18, 19 & 20. This lineup is the best in the six year history of Rock On the Range, and the best lineup for any single venue festival that's happened in the U.S. in years.
"Incubus is stoked to be joinin' the killer lineup at Rock On The Range this year. We'll see y'all in Columbus, said Brandon Boyd from festival co-headliner Incubus.
"If you thought last time was a blast, then this time we are gonna blow your f#@*ing mind," says co-headliner Rob Zombie.
The weekend will kick off with the Friday Night 4Play, which comes FREE with every Rock On The Range weekend ticket purchase. The May 18th party will feature performances from Foxy Shazam, Hairball, Hells Bells and more.
Here's the Lineup for Rock On The Range 2012:
Five Finger Death Punch
Theory Of A Deadman
Escape The Fate
Black Stone Cherry
Falling In Reverse
Eve To Adam
Ghosts Of August
Tickets for the festival go on sale February 10, at 10:00 am EST at the festival’s official site, as well as through Ticketmaster, and at the Crew Stadium Box Office. Weekend general admission tickets start at $99.50 (plus service and transaction fees.) A limited number of layaway tickets are available through February 23, and VIP packages will also be sold at the Rock on the Range site.