Croatian writer Stjepan Juras has finished his new book about Iron Maiden. The book is geared towards kids 7 – 15 years of age. Juras has issued the following statement: “Hello kids, hello parents, hello to all generations of Iron Maiden fanatics.
Welcome to first, ever written metal band book for kids. This book is absolutely unique. While thinking about how Maiden have, since the late ’70s brought up generation after generation of fans, some of which are now parents of young kids who also might be Maiden fans, I decided to write a book which would be a cross between a picture book, an abc book and an encyclopedia for children between 7 and 15 years of age.
I believe that many fans have young kids and that this would be an ideal way to introduce them to the world of Iron Maiden. Through illustrations suitable for children and interesting stories based on Maiden songs, your kids will get to know, in an interesting and insightful way, the following:
– Who is the most famous imaginary person from Transylvania?
– Where did the Phantom hide in the Opera house ?
– Who was Genghis Khan?
– Who are the Native Americans and why do some people call them Indians?
– The Viking voyages
– What is a solar eclipse?
– What happened to Icarus?
– What was it like during the time of the dinosaurs?
– Why were the pyramids built?
– Who was Alexander the Great?
– What happened to first-born children in Bethlehem?
– How do submarines work?
– Why are people afraid of the dark?
– Will the earth collide with an asteroid?
– Who are the Highlanders?
– Who are the Nomads and where do they travel?
– What is the atomic bomb and why is it dangerous?
– Does the universe have a frontier?
And much much more…
Of course, everything in this book is described in a way that is easy for children to comprehend, and this is a real introduction to the world of Maiden and an extra education which will encourage your children to explore various topics, read books and encyclopedias outside of school. Illustration on the book hand made drawings, completely unique in picture book / encyclopedia style.
This book will be published on December 20th. 2011. Only 200 hardcover copies will be printed. Fans can pre-order special hard cover edition from today on the book website and see a selection of illustrations from the book on the site here.
This is not a Iron Maiden band endorsed publication.