John Fogerty’s much-anticipated album ‘Wrote A Song For Everyone’ will be released May 28th on Vanguard Records, his first for the label. The album is now available for pre-order on both iTunes http://smarturl.it/fogerty.iTunes and Amazon. Fogerty’s “Born On The Bayou” with Kid Rock, which was used by NFL Network in their coverage of Super Bowl XLVII fittingly played in New Orleans, can be heard in the album preview clip below.
‘Wrote a Song for Everyone’ tracklisting:
1. Fortunate Son (with Foo Fighters)
2. Almost Saturday Night (with Keith Urban)
3. Lodi (with Shane Fogerty and Tyler Fogerty)
4. Mystic Highway (John Fogerty solo)
5. Wrote a Song for Everyone (with Miranda Lambert feat. Tom Morello)
6. Bad Moon Rising (with Zac Brown Band)
7. Long As I Can See the Light (with My Morning Jacket)
8. Born on the Bayou (with Kid Rock)
9. Train of Fools (John Fogerty solo)
10. Someday Never Comes (with Dawes)
11. Who’ll Stop the Rain (with Bob Seger)
12. Hot Rod Heart (with Brad Paisley)
13. Have You Ever Seen the Rain (with Alan Jackson)
14. Proud Mary (with Jennifer Hudson feat. Allen Toussaint and the Rebirth Brass Band)
Produced by Fogerty, one of rock’s most important artists and a national treasure who’s sold over 100 million records, ‘Wrote A Song For Everyone’ is a celebration of his iconic songbook and a collection of 12 classics and deep tracks from his remarkable canon of hits as well as two brand new songs, “Mystic Highway” and “Train of Fools.” Fogerty performed alongside an array of today’s biggest superstars from the country, pop and rock worlds including Foo Fighters, Bob Seger, Keith Urban, Jennifer Hudson, Kid Rock, Brad Paisley, the Zac Brown Band, My Morning Jacket, Alan Jackson, Miranda Lambert and more. The album also sees Fogerty teaming with an acclaimed new band like Dawes, who were eager to acknowledge the groundbreaking songwriter/guitarist’s titanic influence. Fogerty also recorded his classic “Lodi” with his sons Shane and Tyler Fogerty at Abbey Road Studios in London.
As Fogerty explains in a cover story in the current (January/February) “Legends” issue of American Songwriter: “I encouraged each of these artists to come up with their own vision of my song, rather than just redoing what I’d recorded in the past. I was hoping they’d have some different twist so it would be fresh, so I’d have to work, too. I wanted it to be something new.”
‘Wrote A Song For Everyone’ marks Fogerty’s ninth studio solo album since disbanding Creedence Clearwater Revival. Mixed by Bob Clearmountain, it was recorded in Los Angeles and Nashville except for “Proud Mary” which was recorded in New Orleans with AllenToussaint and the Rebirth Brass Band. Fogerty recorded “Fortunate Son” with Foo Fighters at their 606 studio using “the” legendary Neve recording console featured in the #1 iTunes documentary Sound City. Fogerty has performed with the Sound City Players, the all-star band assembled by Dave Grohl to play the music created for the film and other classics, at recent shows at both the Sundance Film Festival and the Hollywood Palladium in Los Angeles.
John Fogerty will tour in 2013 and look for him to be at this year’s SXSW in Austin (dates/events TBA).