A three-minute trailer for for the new Deep Purple tribute album ‘Re-Machined: A Tribute To Machine Head’ due for release on Sept. 25th from Eagle Rock Entertainment can be viewed below. The compilation CD features re-interpretations of classic DP songs from former band member Glenn Hughes, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Chickenfoot, Black Label Society, Steve Vai, Carlos Santana, Joe Bonamassa and more.
‘Re-Machined: A Tribute To Machine Head’ will be made available initially with Classic Rock magazine’s upcoming Deep Purple fanpack on September 4th. The fanpack will include a band-endorsed 124-page magazine with exclusive new interviews with guitarists Joe Bonamassa and Steve Vai and the members of Metallica, Iron Maiden, Chickenfoot, and more talking about recording these classic songs. There will also be brand new interviews with Deep Purple, with one of the last interviews with the late Jon Lord. Look for previously unpublished photographs and artifacts from the archives in the magazine as well.
After hearing of Jon Lord’s passing, Glenn Hughes assembled some friends to cut ‘Highway Star’ as a tribute to his dear friend. Drummer Lars Ulrich of Metallica, who are also recording a song for the upcoming Ronnie James Dio tribute album, has previously said, “We were asked if we’d contribute to the anniversary of ‘Machine Head’ — we can’t turn that down. We’re circling the Dio and PURPLE catalogs and hopefully we’ll come up with something that is worthy of these wonderful men.”
‘Re-Machined: A Tribute To Machine Head’ track listing:
1. Smoke On The Water – Carlos Santana/Jacoby Shaddix
2. Highway Star – Chickenfoot
3. Maybe I’m A Leo – Glenn Hughes, Chad Smith, Luis Maldonado
4. Pictures Of Home – Black Label Society
5. Never Before – Kings Of Chaos (Joe Elliott, Steve Stevens, Duff McKagan, Matt Sorum, Arlan Schierbaum)
6. Smoke On The Water – The Flaming Lips
7. Lazy – Jimmy Barnes, Joe Bonamassa
8. Space Truckin’ – Iron Maiden
9. When A Blind Man Cries – Metallica
10. Highway Star – Glenn Hughes, Steve Vai, Chad Smith, Lachlan Doley (exclusive track)